Our of expertise is in addressing specialist briefs for clients such as The University of Melbourne, La Trobe University, Victoria University, The University of Adelaide, Monash University, Deakin University and Swinburne University of Technology. Our project experience includes:
- Feasibility studies
- Master planning
- Collaborative learning environments
- Student services
- Specialist teaching environments
- Teaching clinics
- Health services
- Research laboratories
- Student accommodation
- Computer laboratories
We are conversant with current teaching methods and technologies and have designed a number of unique and innovative teaching spaces including:
- In 2017/8 we have been working with Monash University to develop and implement over 2,000sqm of NEXT generation learning spaces.
- In 2015/6/7 we worked with School of Education at Deakin University to develop and implement new collaborative laboratories, art rooms, language labs and science labs.
- Starting in the late 1970s we have been continuously working with the University of Melbourne developing and implementing a range of learning spaces, including the innovative ‘Learning Lab’, collaborative classrooms, computer laboratories and lecture theatres.
- We collaborated with the Engineering Departments of Victoria University to develop new facilities to support their Problem Based Learning (PBL) curriculum.
- We worked with the School of Education at Monash University to create a cutting edge learning space that challenges how teachers deliver their curriculum to K-12 students, by creating a facility in which the classroom can change from a collaborative learning space to a virtual holodeck, allowing the users to not only view but be immersed and interact within a changeable virtual environment.
- We worked with Swinburne University and Aalto University, Finland, to design a prototype for the first “Design Factory” space in Australia.
- n 2016/7 we were engaged by Melbourne High School, South Yarra, to develop and implement their first ever collaborative classrooms.
- In 2018 we are working with the Hawthorn Basketball Association (HBA) and Auburn High School to develop a $20M multi-function sports centre.
The projects are typically delivered with programmes based around Project Control Groups, review processes, and time lines dictated by teaching and non-teaching periods. We understand teaching dates cannot be moved and projects are to be planned around our clients’ core business activities.
We have used a number of procurement methods to deliver projects, including a deferred let version of AS2124 to deliver projects in reduced time lines. The majority of our projects are delivered via traditional lump sum contracts using either AS2124/4000 or ABIC contracts.
We have completed specialist health related teaching environment’s including:
- The Melbourne Dental School (MOHTEC)
- Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences
- Department of Otolaryngology
In addition to built projects we have undertaken the preparation of feasibility studies, master plans, accommodation studies, and functional briefs. These reports were prepared to establish future needs and rationalise and improve space usage.