Bouverie Street Redevelopment
The University of Melbourne
- Demolishing the existing building and constructing a new multi story building.
- Converting existing basement levels to teaching spaces.
- Adding additional floors.
- The ground floor of the existing building would be opened up through the creation of a staff and student hub with a cafe that engaged with the street, something the existing building does not do as it has cellular office type spaces on the ground floor.
- The introduction and expression of a balcony on the 6th level that would be visible from the surrounding streets.